Small Business

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Night of the World

     It's 3:16am and I'm looking out the window, waiting to see if  my cat is wanting to comeback  in.  It's a kitten I took in off the streets a couple of months ago when one day from work she was crying on my front porch.   Little did I know that she would be wandering out of site, in the coldest night of the year, to do who knows what, without a care in the world about what I might be going through waiting for her return.  I started to get sad, because just like my cat, my dog Sampson would do the same when he was young when I lived in an apartment.  He would get loose and go carousing all over the neighborhood in the middle of the night.  And there I'd be , worrying all night until he returned.  For the life of me I can't understand why they would run off and leave a perfectly warm house with a bed, food, water, and plenty of love, to go chase after shadows in the night.   But just as I was thinking that, another thought came very clear.  "Isn't this what God say's about us?"   Chasing a life of empty activities and trying to find happiness from within them, when He has spiritually already prepared a house with all the necessities of life and infinite love?
    God gives up the one precious person in His life so that we can live full filled lives, and all we have to do is accept that gift of love.  Think about that for a moment.  God, being the God He is, willingly gives up His own Son, as a ransom, to pay for the penalty of sin for all of mankind,  in order that we may live full filled and worthwhile lives.  Yet, we as mankind, carouse out into the "night of the world", chasing about shadows with  no meaning, not giving a thought that someone that loves us is waiting for us to come back home.
     Just as daylight broke, I step outside to see if I spot her, and there she is with a group of other cats, huddled under my neighbor's truck.   She has two options.  She can either stay with her new found friends in the cold, or she can come home where there's a warm bed waiting for her. Which does she choose?  Which do You choose?  A life with no meaning?  Or God who gives meaning to all?  The cat is not crazy.  It knows where there is love.  It knows that as soon it comes inside the house, it will be cuddled and loved, fed and given water and a warm bed to lie down.  God is waiting for your answer.  He's standing at the door, waiting for you to come  home.  You have two options.  which one will it be?

http://campuschristians.info/Read-the-Good-News.php
     

No comments: