Small Business

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Borrowed Talent



     With the sudden passing of Whitney Houston, I'm sure I'm not the only one reflecting on how precious life is. She had the most beautiful voice that  could capture a moment.   She found her passion in her singing.  You could tell that  when she sang, she was called to do just that.  Its like her soul was being exposed, and she was letting all the world know just how she felt.  But now all of that is gone.  Lost prematurely for unknown reasons only God knows.  For He has allotted us only a specific time to do what we were destined for.  Money, prestige, lots of friends, everything the world can buy cannot save you.  "The Pride of Life", as the Bible calls it, is not what we ought to strive for as Christians.  I'm not saying these things are bad.  I'm just saying our priorities as Christians should always be to glorify God through our talents.  Sometimes we lose sight of that.  I know I have.  We need to remember that It's not about me, it's about Him, and the price He paid for me.
     Death for the Christian here on earth is not the end.  It's just the beginning.  For we know where our destiny lies.  But for those who don't know Christ, it's a whole different ball game.  A rather lonely and dangerous one.   But God gives us the opportunity to come to Him and accept his grace.  Will you accept His Good News?  http://campuschristians.info/Read-the-Good-News.php
     I'm sure  Ms. Whitney is singing her heart out with the angels up in Glory.    RIP Whitney.  I'll see you someday.  

1 John 5:11-13

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
11 And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.
This Is Written That You May Know
 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

No comments: