Small Business

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Single & Satisfied

Since when did the world dictate that all women had to be married by a certain age and have kids by this age?  Why do they get to dictate if you are normal or not by your marital status?

I walked into a restaurant the other day and  told the hostess, "table for 1".    She took me behind this wall where I noticed there were other single people eating as well.    I was so offended,  I told the lady that I was going to sit in the open room.  she just looked at me funny. 

There is nothing wrong with being single.  There is nothing wrong with not wanting children.  Has everyone  been brainwashed to believe that someone cannot be happy if they don't have a child or a significant other?    Yes, there are times where there is loneliness, just like in any relationship. For even Jesus was lonely at times.    Maybe I wasn't called to be a Mother or a wife.  But God has called me for a specific purpose that does not include the distractions of a family. So don't feel sorry for me.  I don't need your pity.  Do you know what God's purpose for your life is?

No comments: