Small Business

Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Life of Misery, Agony and Torture (A Personal Testimony)

      (My friend Glenn  recently shared his testimony to his friends about what's  been going on in his life these past few years, and he's allowed me to share it with you) 


I would classify much of the last 10 years of my life as misery, agony and torture. (Torture defined as anguish of body or mind. Agony)

I'm working on writing a personal testimony with more details. But suffice it to say that medicine destroyed my sleep mechanisms. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like someone has put poision in my brain. Sometimes I have moaned out loud asking God to have mercy. I've gone hundreds of nights feeling like I am being tortured. The white of my eyes have been completely red from the feeling of poision and the stress in my brain it produced. A sleep study showed I get 5% restful sleep. etc.etc.

I have been diagnosed with a heart condition as well and can go through periods in which its difficult to go to the store or even cook my own meals. It can make me feel totally miserable....and then I can't fall asleep. From 2002 to 2008 I layed down on a couch in misery all day and night...everyday and everynight. etc. etc.

Sometimes I eliminate 90% of foods because they intensify my suffering with sleep. etc. etc.

Everyone thinks I look and sound great. But I've thought about dying often...even wanting to die. At times it felt like the pain was just too intense to bear. If I did not believe that Jesus Christ was sovereignly in control of all things happening I would have probably commited suicide long ago. 

I've had my moments of 'despair' ... how about you ? We may experience the death of a loved one, divorce, emotional issues that seem to intense for us to endure, health problems, etc. etc. Unlike a lot of false teaching today God never promised an endless life of 'happiness' for the Christian. 

I may not always feel 'happy'. But I can choose to be content in Jesus Christ. To be content does not necessarily imply 'happiness' or 'satisfaction' - it means that you are at peace with the circumstances. In the Bible Job had his moments of complaint and despair. He lost his wealth and most of his family died. He became extremely ill and suffered greatly. HIs friends and wife gave him no emotional support. Yet when his wife said to him, "Are you still trying to be godly when God has done all this to you? Curse Him and die." Job's response was , "... Shall we receive only pleasant things from the hand of God and never anything unpleasant? So in all this Job said nothing wrong." (Job2:9,10 Living Bible) Job also said, " I came naked from my mother's womb, " he said, "and I shall have nothing when I die. The Lord gave me everything I had, and they were His to take away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. " In all this , Job did not sin or revile God. " (Job 1:21,22 Living Bible)

While I definetly have not been perfect through all this, my main point to share with you is that my desire is to always trust and hope in the Lord who is always good. :-)

" I remember my afflictiion [SUFFERING]... I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. " (Lamentations 3:19-23 New International verision) Great chapter on suffering. 

Curse God and die? No. How can I do that to someone who has given and done everything for me. Because of His giving His Son Jesus Christ to die for all my sins I wil receive the FREE GIFT of heaven with no more crying , death, sorrow or pain. (see Revelation 21)

No response needed or desired. I will be writing a longer version of this. You can request a copy if you know someone who would be helped by it. I praise Jesus Christ for hope and for Him. :-) God bless :-)

If you could be so kind to pray for him, It would be much appreciated.

2 comments:

MistyKhan said...

I'm praying for your friend, Sylvia.

Sly said...

Thank You Misty! Appreciate it!